Based in Hamburg, Germany
August 6th, 2013
STEAM PC / Mac / Linux
DescriptionThe awarded action-adventure Beatbuddy combines puzzle solving and enemy vanquishing with exploration. The game features six beautifully hand-drawn worlds, each with their own amazing soundtrack composed by industry legends such as Austin Wintory, Parov Stelar, chiptune-genius Sabrepulse, the La Rochelle Band -- and more to come with post-launch DLC that will bring new songs and enable new ways to experience the game’s levels.
HistoryWith more than 330,000 Steam players since August 2013 and available on Windows, Mac, and Linux, Beatbuddy combines puzzle solving and enemy vanquishing with exploration. With a story contributed to by Rhianna Pratchett (Tomb Raider, Mirror’s Edge), the game already won numerous international awards both from the game and music industry, including BEST YOUTH GAME at the German Game Awards 2014.
- Stunning looking action-adventure
- 6 hand-drawn worlds to explore
- Awarded mix of puzzle solving and action gameplay
- Exclusive soundtrack from renown artists
Beatbuddy Music Special with Austin Wintory YouTube
Beatbuddy Teaser Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best PC Game PAX EAST 2013" Press-Award from Twinfinite.net, 24 March, 2013
- "Best of PAX EAST 2013" Press-Award from warpzoned.com, 24 March, 2013
- "Winner Intel Level Up Award 2012 Best Art" E3 2012, 13 June, 2012
- "Winner Intel Level Up Award 2012 Best Sound" E3 2012, 13 June, 2012
- "Top 10 Nominee - The Most Amazing Game" AMAZE Indie Connect, 27 April, 2012
- "Selected Project Nominee" Game Connection SF, 5 March, 2012
- "Honorable Mention Excellence in Audio" IGF 2012, 10 January, 2012
- "First Prize" Music Works (awarding new business models for the music industry), 28 June, 2011
- "Nominee Best Student Project" German Videogame Awards, 29 March, 2011
- "On the whole, Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians is a treat and a fine example of how
music can be used to shape a game's entire playthrough."
- Leif Johnson, Gamespot
- "You'll be in awe often enough when navigating the watery, colorful depth of Symphonia, and you'll have a hard time
stifling a smile when working your way through the more cleverly designed sections of stages."
- Dustin Chadwell, Worth Playing
- "Even midway through a particularly complex puzzle, Beatbuddy is an absolute joy to look at."
- Thomas Schulenberg, Joystiq
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
THREAKS is an indie developer based in Hamburg Germany. The studio likes to design their games loud and wears their speedos tight.
More information on THREAKS, our logo & relevant media are available here.
CEO, Co-Founder and Art Dictator
CTO and Co-Founder
CEO, Co-Founder and Creative Dictator
Co-Founder and Programmer
CEO, Co-Founder and Business Development
Laurens de Gier
Björn von der Osten
Level Artist, Freelancer
Technical Artist, Freelancer