Based in Hamburg, Germany
DescriptionIn summer 2015 Nintendo fans will be the first console players to enjoy the PC action-adventure Beatbuddy. The awarded game combines puzzle solving and enemy vanquishing with exploration. The Wii U version features six beautifully hand-drawn worlds, each with their own amazing soundtrack composed by industry legends such as Austin Wintory, Parov Stelar, chiptune-genius Sabrepulse, the La Rochelle Band -- and more to come with post-launch DLC that will bring new songs and enable new ways to experience the game’s levels.
HistoryOriginally launched on Steam and iOS with more than 700,000 sold copies since August 2013, Beatbuddy combines puzzle solving and enemy vanquishing with exploration. With a story contributed to by Rhianna Pratchett (Tomb Raider, Mirror’s Edge), the game already won numerous international awards both from the game and music industry, including BEST YOUTH GAME at the German Game Awards 2014.
- Stunning looking action-adventure
- 6 hand-drawn worlds to explore
- Awarded mix of puzzle solving and action gameplay
- Exclusive soundtrack from renown artists
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best PC Game PAX EAST 2013" Press-Award from Twinfinite.net, 24 March, 2013
- "Best of PAX EAST 2013" Press-Award from warpzoned.com, 24 March, 2013
- "Winner Intel Level Up Award 2012 Best Art" E3 2012, 13 June, 2012
- "Winner Intel Level Up Award 2012 Best Sound" E3 2012, 13 June, 2012
- "Top 10 Nominee - The Most Amazing Game" AMAZE Indie Connect, 27 April, 2012
- "Selected Project Nominee" Game Connection SF, 5 March, 2012
- "Honorable Mention Excellence in Audio" IGF 2012, 10 January, 2012
- "First Prize" Music Works (awarding new business models for the music industry), 28 June, 2011
- "Nominee Best Student Project" German Videogame Awards, 29 March, 2011
- "On the whole, Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians is a treat and a fine example of how
music can be used to shape a game's entire playthrough."
- Leif Johnson, Gamespot
- "You'll be in awe often enough when navigating the watery, colorful depth of Symphonia, and you'll have a hard time
stifling a smile when working your way through the more cleverly designed sections of stages."
- Dustin Chadwell, Worth Playing
- "Even midway through a particularly complex puzzle, Beatbuddy is an absolute joy to look at."
- Thomas Schulenberg, Joystiq
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
THREAKS is an indie developer based in Hamburg Germany. The studio likes to design their games loud and wears their speedos tight.
More information on THREAKS, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Co-CEO and Creative Dictator
Björn von der Osten
Co-CEO and Business Development
Art Dictator, PC version
Programmer, PC version
Programmer, PC version
Laurens de Gier
Game Designer, PC version
QA-Tester, PC version
Level Artist, PC version, Freelancer
Technical Artist, PC version, Freelancer