Based in Hamburg, Germany
October 16, 2009
Press / Business Contact:
Retro Invasion - PCBeatbuddy Tale Of The Guardians - PC MAC LINUXTrailerBeatbuddy - Wii UBeatbuddy - IOSBattle Planet - DaydreamBeatbuddy Tale Of The Guardians - Xbox OneBeatbuddy On Tour - PCBeatbuddy - Android
+49 40 303 841 78 0
DescriptionTHREAKS is an indie developer based in Hamburg Germany. The studio likes to design their games loud and wears their speedos tight.
THREAKS is an experienced Unity 3D developer. Their latest title Beatbuddy has won multiple international awards both from the music and games industry, including BEST GERMAN YOUTH GAME at the German Game Awards 2014.Beatbuddy
Originally launched on Steam August 2013 and available on Windows, Mac, and Linux, Beatbuddy combines puzzle solving and enemy vanquishing with exploration. Each colorful, lovingly-animated world moves to the beat of its exclusive soundtrack, and players who master moving and attacking to the rhythm will have a distinct upper hand.
iOS Release Trailer YouTube
Beatbuddy Music Special with Austin Wintory YouTube
There are far more images available for THREAKS, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Youth Game" - German Games Awards 2014, 15 May, 2014
- "Best Serious Game" - German Developer Awards 2013, 12 December, 2013
- "Best Game Design" - German Developer Awards 2013, 12 December, 2013
- "Best PC Game PAX EAST 2013" - Press-Award from Twinfinite.net, 24 March, 2013
- "Best of PAX EAST 2013" - Press-Award from warpzoned.com, 24 March, 2013
- "Winner Intel Level Up Award 2012 Best Art" - E3 2012, 13 June, 2012
- "Winner Intel Level Up Award 2012 Best Sound" - E3 2012, 13 June, 2012
- "Top 10 Nominee - The Most Amazing Game" - AMAZE Indie Connect, 27 April, 2012
- "Selected Project Nominee" - Game Connection SF, 5 March, 2012
- "Honorable Mention Excellence in Audio" - IGF 2012, 10 January, 2012
- "First Prize" - Music Works (awarding new business models for the music industry), 28 June, 2011
- "Nominee Best Student Project" - German Videogame Awards, 29 March, 2011
- "On the whole, Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians is a treat and a fine example of how
music can be used to shape a game's entire playthrough."
- Leif Johnson, Gamespot
- "You'll be in awe often enough when navigating the watery, colorful depth of Symphonia, and you'll have a hard time
stifling a smile when working your way through the more cleverly designed sections of stages."
- Dustin Chadwell, Worth Playing
- "Even midway through a particularly complex puzzle, Beatbuddy is an absolute joy to look at."
- Thomas Schulenberg, Joystiq
Team & Repeating
Co-CEO and Creative Dictator
Björn von der Osten
Co-CEO and Business Development